Organic food is getting more and more popular and there are many good reasons for this. So why should we choose organic meat and does buying it really make a difference? Here at About Going Green we believe so.
In this article – Organic Food Shopping Online, you will discover several shopping options. I will introduce you to each company, outline my pros and cons, and provide you with the links to their produce (company titles and after the pros and cons).
If you have any further questions, would like to leave a review of your own or reach out to me about going green, then please do so in the comment section at the bottom of the page.
If you like the article you can also use the social links on the right-hand side to share and follow me.
I hope you like my review and I hope you will find it useful.
When you buy organic food you are buying quality. It is better for your own health and it is better for the people responsible for the production of it.
It is also better for the animals and therefore it is better for our health!
For more information on buying organic meat, please read this article. It provides a comparison between inorganic and organic farming methods, highlights the research available, looks at consumer benefits and explains why it is healthier for you.
This company was started in 2002 by professional chefs across the county. They are passionate about creating quality dishes from quality produce that is sourced from around the world.
They initially started their sister company, Food Innovations, supplying high quality food to chefs, restaurants and other establishments. After receiving lots of interest from individuals, who were interested in getting these high quality foods into their homes, they decided to start For the Gourmet.
For the Gourmet is an e-commerce website where you can order chef quality products for your home.
They work with artisan producers and growers of the finest food products and ingredients. They offer a variety of fresh produce, proteins, prepared foods, specialty ingredients and artisan creations.
- Chef driven;
- 100% satisfaction guarantee;
- Huge variety of produce (cheese, meats and games, seafood, exotic, chocolate and bakery, healthcare and special diet, specialty items and ingredients);
- Well organized and easy to use site;
- Customer service available;
- Online convenience;
- Regular sales;
- Free delivery available on some items from time to time.
- Small range of organic meat available;
- Food is often sold in large amounts;
- Not much information about the company available online.
This is a company founded by Mike Salguer. He enjoys eating grass fed beef and realized how difficult it could be to purchase this quality. He designed the company with the purpose of proving people easy access to quality meet, delivered straight to their door in an Eco friendly box. As a customer you will sign up to a monthly subscription, which will provide you with a monthly supply of meat. They have a wide selection of antibiotic and hormone free meat which includes 100% grass-fed beef, heritage breed pork, free-range organic chicken. As an additional bonus they also include easy to follow recipes.
- Online convenience;
- Great value for money, delivering their products for less than $6.00 per meal;
- Regular sales and promotions (at the time of writing this review you could order now and receive free bacon in every box you get for life)
- Quality meat products;
- Meat arrives in a box with an additional reusable freezer bag;
- Well designed and user-friendly site.
- They only sell meat, but this is what they are aiming to do. I think the value and quality makes up for this;
- Some customers report receiving thawed out meat and really poor customer service, however many customers report the complete opposite.
This company is a collection of nutritionists, organic chefs and culinary artisans who came together to create healthy and nutritional bars.
- Online convenience;
- Well designed and user-friendly site;
- Fantastic range of nutritional bars that are normally hard to find;
- High quality produce (each bar contains grass-fed beef & bison, free-range chicken, organic fruits and vegetables);
- A wholesome snack that’s both nutritious and satisfying;
- Containing high amounts of real protein, the DNX bar offers a convenient way to refuel your energy, satisfy hunger and deliver complete nutrition;
- Brilliant for active people looking to support their diet.
- They only sell nutritional bars, however this is what they are aiming to do and the quality is fantastic.
If you ever have anything to share about this article or about Going Green, I would love to hear from you. Please use the comment section below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you enjoyed this post, please follow me on my social media accounts. Links to these can be on my floating menu (right) or at the very top of the page.
All the best,